Dilemma...On a WHV waiting for a 175!!

Guest Eva

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice! I'm currently living in Melbourne on a 417 working holiday visa. My visa is due to expire on 24/09/09.I have applied for a 175 visa in May 09 & I'm a Chartered Accountant on the CSL. My dilemma is that it is currently taking around 6 months to process 175 CSL visa's & my current visa expires in two months. As I have applied for an offshore visa while onshore I'm not entitled to a bridging visa. Is there anything I can do to have my application processed quicker??

My migration agent said that he is going to contact the ASPC in August to let them know that I am going home to Ireland for a weeks holiday & ask them to process the visa while I'm offshore. He is confident that they might grant it when I'm back in Dublin in Aug as I have front loaded my meds, police cert & form 80 and I'm currently employed on an ongoing temp contract here….however I don’t share his optimism!!

Has anyone had a similar experience or have any idea how I can highlight my situation to the ASPC?? It would be very costly to have to cancel my lease and put my furniture in storage & return home to Dublin indefinitely until my 175 Visa is granted & I would also be leaving my current employer in a predicament. (My employer is unable to sponsor me as the role will be migrating to Sydney in a few months)

Also could I apply for Vic Sponsorship to hurry it up? I know they are only sponsoring External Auditors these days & my nominated occupation is an Accountant but I am a qualified auditor with over 8 years accounting experience & trained in a "Big 4" external audit firm. It cant do any harm applying for VIC sponsorship...can it or am I just wasting my time??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :unsure:

Archived